It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Inline record edit/update in View's data page 

Post Inline record edit/update in View's data page
Dear All
I'm looking for the way to edit/update a selected record in the View's data page generated by DBQ.
As you know the View's data page shows a number of records by page (one per line) and add some buttons at the end of each of those records (More, Edit, Copy and Delete buttons) so I would like to add one button named "Inline" for instance, once pressed I would like record's fields shown in edit mode allowing me to enter data and at the right a new button named "Update" to update the MySQL table.
I'm using MySQL and PHP.

If anybody can help me I will really appreciate that

Thanks so much

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Inline record edit/update in View's data page
Version 6 has an Inline functionality 'Built IN'. It is very hard to find if you don't know where to look.

Hilite your 'Data' page in the left panel explorer window.
Right Click and choose the Properties option from the pop up window. You'll now see the "Data Configuration Page".

In the upper right corner of that page look for the "Inline Forms" section. Tick the checkbox to make it active and then add height and width. Try 400 x 400 to start.

In "live preview mode" the existing EDIT icon will POP-UP a new window over the data grid with the available fields editable. It may not be exactly what you asked for but it is a good alternative. That is, IF you can get Version 6 to actually work. It has a LOT of BUGS!!!

Thu May 06, 2010 5:29 am
Profile E-mail

Thanks Iceman11 for your reply.
I already activated that inline form popup window but what I'm asking for is not to see that but in the same data page, I want to have a button that when I click on it the record's row change from view to edit mode then I can perform the changes in required fields contents.
I see that DBQW 6 has a lot of bugs so I'm already using another php generator from other provider that seems to be more stable.
I'm really frustrated seeing that potentially DBQW 6 could be astonished and bugs and lack of support behind is too low.
Hope this improve in short term
Thanks again for your help

Thu May 06, 2010 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Yes I have seen in other products the ability to actually edit a record "INLINE", meaning no pop up window but a true INLINE EDIT. Personally I don't mine the way DBQ does it because the vertical arrangement of the fields is more to my liking when editing.

Horizontal editing (for me) could be effective IF I wish to compare my data input to surrounding records (above my record or below it).

What's the name of your more stable product? Many of us need to start looking in that direction because DBQ is not taking a single step to let us know if they actually still exist as a company.

Potentially, DBQ (developer's edition) had the best method for incorporating custom code and that is why I hope they manage to survive and actually get the product to be bug free.

Again, What's the name of your more stable product?

Fri May 07, 2010 7:32 am
Profile E-mail

The company still exists, but since it is out of Bangkok, Thailand, I am not surprised it does not fully operate. Just look at the political state of the country. Most young people are with the "Red Shirts" and those are in the streets protesting the gov't.

I also use PHPRunner/PHPMaker/phpDesigner and CodeCharge_Studio.

Sat May 08, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi there,
I also started to use some months ago PHPmaker so what I found is that a mixture of PHPMaker, CodeCharge and DBQ would be really an astonished product :-)
I felt really excited waiting for new DBQ 6 improvements but unfortunately (probably for Thailand political situation) I feel today deceived with the number of bugs pending to be solved.
I hope to come back in short/medium term to DBQ as I've been always a "fan supporter" of this tool.
Thanks a lot for your help
Cheers

Sat May 08, 2010 11:21 pm
Profile E-mail