It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:08 pm

time sheet using basic DB QWIK if possible 

Post time sheet using basic DB QWIK if possible
I have the latest dev set of dbqwik products. I am an experienced PC programmer, but this is my first venture into web design. I understand web and have extensive DB experience, just no experience. I plan to use MySQL/Linux.

I am planning a suite of small business applications for my clients to use. The first is a timesheet. I understand that I could make it real nice and EXCEL / GRID like using one of the more comprehensive web lanuages, but I am trying to keep it 'within' the basic DB QWIK capabilities. Fancy comes later, for now I am squeezed by time and just want to get something up.

Obviously it needs a bunch of standard tables for companies, employees, projects etc with the timesheet page drawiing from them as required. From what I see it seems that a timesheet table of company/employee/project + 70 columns (10 projectsc x 7days of single) + week ending date per row would do the trick. The projects would need to be selectable from the company's list of projects. The projects x 7 day fields need to laid out in a grid, just like a regular paper timesheet, the page needs to have daily and weekly totals in case specific total hours need to be met.

This will probably lead to ongoing work on a regular basis. I want to be able to make simple changes etc myself, but I do not want to spend days learning a new package. DB QWIK seems very comprehensive with far more content than I care to learn at this stage.

I would prefer response via my business email DaveShaw@FUSIONfinancial.ca as I can see responses immediately without logging on to the form. Fuller details will be provided via regular email. Payment via bank transfer/paypal/money order. I would prefer response from within Canada, but am open to anyone.

Dave Shaw

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:49 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: time sheet using basic DB QWIK if possible
I have sent an email to your business email.

I am located in Calgary, AB! 8)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:40 am
Profile E-mail