It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:43 am

5.3.0.8 Release Notes (July 16 2006) 
Site Admin

Post 5.3.0.8 Release Notes (July 16 2006)
History release notes to version 5.3.0.8 released on Julty 16th 2008
http://www.dbqwiksite.com/dbQwikSite_Release_Notes_5308.pdf

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:41 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: 5.3.0.8 Release Notes (July 16 2006)
Not sure if this is the right place... but here goes ..

Where do I find out what the latest version is?

For some reason I get errors (reported to dbqwik) when trying to run the Update option.

Do I have to join a mailing list or something that I have forgotten?

Thanks
Colin

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Stated in the release notes above is:

Enhanced C/U/D/Cpy page settings to allow selection of Tables outside of the DATA page query scope

Could you elaborate or give a link with more information?

Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

0cs wrote:

Enhanced C/U/D/Cpy page settings to allow selection of Tables outside of the DATA page query scope

C/U/D/Cpy = COPY/Update/Delete/Copy Pages

Previously these page types could only act on a table that is defined in the DATA page of the same group. So if you had a 3 table query in your data page, your other pages in that group had to reference one of those 3 tables (to ensure that novices did not create pages that where totally unrelated and produce strange results.)

We have removed that restriction. While dbQwikSite continues to recommend that your C/U/D/Cpy pages use tables from your DATA page dataset, you are also allowed to select any other tables from your database. As long as you map keys properly between that pages they will work.

A good practical example could be if your DATA page uses a database view rather than a table. You would want your add page to insert to a table that is "behind" the view. previously you could only do that by creating a new group and flows between groups, now you can do it all within one group, no need to set up a "artificial" group to reference the add page table.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

ColinCampbell wrote:
Where do I find out what the latest version is?

Since version 5.3 the program itself advises you of available updates. (unless your disable it on the Qwik Start Tasks of the start up page). The startup page lists available updates as well as as well as the program status bar.

If you are pre-5.3, just goto to Help>live update and run the check from time to time. If there is a new version, it will tell you.

We used to try to advise by emails but nothing but headaches there. We are constantly be accused of Spamming and getting our email domains blacklisted. I guess mostly by free PE users who forgot that they downloaded this program. Hence the initiative to move communications into the program itself, at least you'll know when you start up the program if there is a new release available :)

Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:32 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
Gerald wrote:
0cs wrote:

C/U/D/Cpy = COPY/Update/Delete/Copy Pages

Previously these page types could only act on a table that is defined in the DATA page of the same group. So if you had a 3 table query in your data page, your other pages in that group had to reference one of those 3 tables (to ensure that novices did not create pages that where totally unrelated and produce strange results.)

We have removed that restriction. While dbQwikSite continues to recommend that your C/U/D/Cpy pages use tables from your DATA page dataset, you are also allowed to select any other tables from your database. As long as you map keys properly between that pages they will work.

A good practical example could be if your DATA page uses a database view rather than a table. You would want your add page to insert to a table that is "behind" the view. previously you could only do that by creating a new group and flows between groups, now you can do it all within one group, no need to set up a "artificial" group to reference the add page table.

Would this enhancement allow accessing multiple tables on the delete screen? i.e. could you use linked tables and display lookup fields. My systems use linked fields from queries quite extensively.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail