It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:59 pm

activation code doesn't work ! 

Post activation code doesn't work !
i bought the E-Commerce (ECom) edition

Thu May 14, 2009 5:21 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: activation code doesn't work !
wow this site is bad i put a few simple truths of very very poor service and my disapointment with support and it has been edited to zero how bad is that when they can respond to this quicker that the real problems with there products

Thu May 14, 2009 4:07 pm
Profile E-mail

It was edited by a site moderator that is NOT affiliated with the company. He is a user just like you.

This forum is for us, the users, to help each other.

Tech support is provided from their main site http://www.dbqwiksite.com/KnowledgeBase/LogIssue.asp?Application_abbr=QSITE&regname=5AA7F549-E801-204A-97D4-B7E6E5412927-AEFB-AFF0. Go there and submit your issues.

Sat May 16, 2009 6:25 am

then if that is what the site is about and geniune comments are made to infor users of there experiences with the support which was facts and not offensive in any way as for the support link you left i have fill in many of these plus email to sales and support and still know where thanks

Mon May 18, 2009 4:05 am
Profile E-mail

The problem is that even when supported by 'FACTS' service is still subjective. And you must consider the cost of a product in relationship to the expectations. I do not know your facts or the circumstances of your issue. However I assure you that you will attract more assistance with humility and civility then by attack and accusation. Your edition cost $120. That would not buy you 2 hours of my time. I say this not in boast but simply to make a point that all things are relative. You could not hire a hack to build you a decent 4 page web site for that low amount. There are literally hundreds of users of this product, many had issue when 1st installing, to my knowledge few have ended up requesting refunds in the end. The purpose of this board is to support users not provide a place for people to vent. I have no idea how old your issue nor how long it has remained unanswered, however you might spare some consideration to the fact that much of Thialand has of late experienced grave political issues.

Having said all that, I doubt you have a problems that can not be overcome. I've said something in a state of aggrevation or haste that I have regretted saying later. Let's all just start over. State your problems in a positive constructive manner, describe the actions you have already taken to attempt to correct them and let us see if we can't together create a positive outcome for all. Users working toward a common good.

Mon May 18, 2009 9:02 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

thanks for you reply the message i first left was not to vent but just to keep people informed as with forums like this its a usful tool to aid people in buying software ok as for my peoblem i install the E version onto my SBS2003 R2 server so that id be able to access anytime or pleace but when i paste the key given or type it in it wont accept the support emailed a zip file which was supposed to over come this which failed and soon even trail will run out have to bare in mind this is not my field so when it comes to .net apps or website i am lacking to say the least so when i saw the online demo thought even a numpty like me might have a chance to make a 2 page website able to take orders for samples free of our fabrics and just pay postage cost i built a paypal test site very easy but looks and feels bad ms.meritmill.info any advise welcome thanks for your supper fast replys

Mon May 18, 2009 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail

There is a folder in My Documents named "My QwikSites". My 1st suggestion would be for you to back up this folder to save the site you have already built. Then completely uninstall what you have now. Download a completely new copy and attempt again to activate. If that is not successful you might do a search on this board for activation and see if others have proposed other solutions. I would also contact support and ask them if they can send you a code (or something) to extend your trial until this can be resolved. I understand that it might not seem like it to you at just this moment, but they really are nice hard working folks. I got off to a bit of a rocky start with them myself and I had to remind myself the same things I pointed out to you :-)

P.S. I tried to bring up the subdomain you had listed and did not get a response. Can you check that it is the correct name.

Cheers

Tue May 19, 2009 1:13 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

thanks for the info and ill try that ill keep you inform if it works and it may help others as for the site it is ms.meritmill.com :oops: very sorry for mix up i sort of give up on support due to last 5 emails not replyed to any any shape or form thanks again

Tue May 19, 2009 5:48 am
Profile E-mail

If you give up after 5 e-mails -- especially if they were all mailed fairly close together then you are setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment on the web. Everyone needs to keep in mind that small companies like the Dev SHop work very hard to produce a $100 product that competes fairly well to the $1,000 products put out by the big guys like Microsoft. They live with limited budgets, use the same servers and equipment for years, answer their own phones and e-mails to help hold down unit price. This is typical of the small innovative companies filled with employees that care more about quality then their 401K. It may take an extra week to get an e-mail answered but when the answer comes it is just as likely to come from the guy that actually wrote the code or the president of the whole company. When you email (or call) Microsoft or Intel or any other large company, they likely have more people assigned to the help desk than Dev Shop has employees. But the guy that answers you question is working off a shopping list, likely never wrote a line of code or deleveoped a web site of his own. He compares your question to a list of common questions and sends you the closest match. Faster response but not always as useful.

Everyone whines about Microsoft, how Bill Gates is the antichrist and how large companies are huge uncaring monopolies but no one seems to have patience for small struggling companies that are just trying to give a good value for the dollar.

Tue May 19, 2009 6:48 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Hear Hear Commish

I know for a fact that The Dev Shop has been going through a bit of a shake up lately, but im sure things will be back to normal soon and their support side will be back to speed as it normaly is.

Cheers

Geno

Wed May 20, 2009 2:44 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Thanks maybe i just got wrong app for me and expected to much easy to get carried away when you see a demo and it looks so easy when you have no knowlege of these things ill stick to hardware thankyou

Wed May 20, 2009 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Andyball

DBQWISITE really is very easy to work with but of course it has its limits like any software. Dbqwik will crate a GOOD funcuntining Database website in minutes without any coding. BUT if you really wnat to dress the site up away from the standard layouts you have to put some wrok in.

BUT again once you get into it you will see how simple making layout changes really are.

Hope you stick with it

Cheers

geno

Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

thanks maybe i should but a bit more hard work in and get to grips with it thanks again just seems hard to change appeance of site when its not my field but time to learn i think

Wed May 20, 2009 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Andyball,

No its really very easy to change the look of a site, as far as colours and goes, just look at the CSS options with in DBQWIK and you will see how easy it is.

BUT To change the layout does need a little more work.

But remember there are many website design programs out there that are super easy to use. and they can generate basic html layouts for you and then you can merge the 2 elemenst togeather.

hope this helps

Cheers

Geno

Thu May 21, 2009 6:29 am
Profile E-mail WWW

ok on it ill give it a go thanks bud

Thu May 21, 2009 6:48 am
Profile E-mail